Like sake? Love chocolate? Discover how well they can go together!
Pairing chocolate and sake is tricky, especially hard bar chocolate with its complex flavours that unfold upon melting. Chocolate specialist Andrea Thurner of the small batch project brought her extensive knowledge to bear on the problem and together we created this amazing tasting set!
We’re proud to present four superb sake and four delicious chocolate bars to show you just how wonderful these two great things can be together.
WHEN: Tuesday 10 August 2021, 19:00 – around 21:00
WHERE: MAME 2, Seefeldstr. 19, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland, entrance on Holbeinstr. Short walk from Stadelhofen station, or stops Opernhaus/Kreuzstrasse on tram lines 2 and 4.
PRICE: CHF 50.00
***PLEASE NOTE: You must buy a ticket in advance for this event. I only bring enough sake and chocolate for tickets bought, and arrange the distanced table layout for individuals/groups with tickets. We cannot accept anyone who turns up on the night.***
- Hear a brief introduction to sake and craft chocolate
- Hear about small-scale producers of sake and chocolate, the challenges they face and why what they make is different from the mass market
- Talk about – and taste! – flavour profiles from different origins for chocolate and different processing and brewing methods for sake
- Have fun in a small, friendly group with plenty of time to explore, discover and ask questions.
- Eat a meal before the tasting. (You’re welcome to taste and spit as well, but so far no-one has!) You will have four samples of around 30 ml sake, strength up to 16% abv.
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any using products with strong smells such as perfume, cologne or strongly scented hair/body products as they can affect your sense of smell. (And the sense of smell of those around you.)
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee or spices just before the tasting as they can affect your ability to taste.
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about craft chocolate or sake!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2-2.5 hours
- The minimum number of participants is four, and the maximum is eight. If less than four tickets are purchased 24 hours before the event, it will be rescheduled.
- Tickets can be purchased online by card, with TWINT or by bank transfer. Please use the QR code below for TWINT.
- Ticket sales close 24 hours before the event.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 48 hours before the event, so your place can be released for someone else.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can assign your place to someone else – please contact me!
- Refunds are not possible for no-shows as the venue, materials, etc. have all been provided.
- If you have a group who want to take this workshop, please contact me to arrange a private event.
I’m always happy to answer questions, if you have any please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org