Discover how sake was brewed long, long ago
WHEN: Wednesday 29 March 2023, 19:00 – around 21:00-21:30
WHERE: MAME 2, Seefeldstrasse 19, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland (entrance on Holbeinstrasse). Short walk from Stadelhofen station, or stops Opernhaus/Kreuzstrasse on tram lines 2 and 4.
PRICE: CHF 60.00
***PLEASE NOTE: You must buy a ticket in advance for this event. I will only bring enough material for the number of tickets sold, so unfortunately I cannot accommodate anyone who turns up on the night.***
- Learn about ancient and early modern sake starter methods, dating up to the early 1900s
- See how microbes play an even greater part in old starter methods
- Taste a variety of sake made by breweries that have gone back to old brewing methods, including those used in Buddhist temples as early as the 1500s
- Have fun in a small, friendly group with plenty of time to explore, discover and ask questions!
- Eat a meal before the tasting. (You’re welcome to taste and spit as well, but so far no-one has!) You will have several samples of around 50 ml sake, strength between 13 and 20% abv.
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any using products with strong smells, such as perfume, cologne or strongly scented hair/body products as they can affect your sense of smell. (And the sense of smell of those around you.)
- Also avoid anything with a strong taste, such as tobacco, coffee or spices, just before the tasting as they can affect your ability to taste.
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about sake!
- All participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2-3 hours
- The minimum number of participants is 4, and the maximum is 10. If less than 4 tickets are purchased 24 hours before the event, it will be rescheduled.
- Tickets can be purchased online by card, with TWINT or by bank transfer.
- Ticket sales close 24 hours before the event.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 48 hours before the event, so that your place can be released for someone else.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can give your place to someone else – please contact me!
- If you have a group who want to take this workshop, please contact me to arrange a private event (subject to availability).
I’m always happy to answer questions, if you have any please email me at email@example.com