Curious about what ageing does to sake? Or already tried it and know you like it?
Join me for a relaxed evening comparing and contrasting a range of different aged sake, enjoying their colours, aromas and flavours while learning about how the ageing process works and what influences it, plus talking about possible food pairings and opportunities to serve or gift it.
Please note that under current Swiss pandemic restrictions this is a 2G event – all attendees must have a valid COVID certificate showing they are vaccinated or recovered, and matching ID.
WHEN: Wednesday 23 February 2022, 19:00 – around 21:00
WHERE: MAME 2, Seefeldstr. 19, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland, entrance on Holbeinstr. Short walk from Stadelhofen station, or stops Opernhaus/Kreuzstrasse on tram lines 2 and 4.
PRICE: CHF 75.00
***PLEASE NOTE: You must buy a ticket in advance for this event. I will only bring enough sake and other materials for tickets sold. I cannot accept anyone who turns up on the night.***
- Eat a meal before the tasting. (You’re welcome to taste and spit as well, but so far no-one has!) You will have six samples of sake, strength up to 20% abv.
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any using products with strong smells such as perfume, cologne or strongly scented hair/body products as they can affect your sense of smell. (And the sense of smell of those around you.)
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee or spices just before the tasting as they can affect your ability to taste.
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about ageing sake!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2-2.5 hours
- The minimum number of participants is 5, and the maximum is 10. If less than 5 tickets are purchased 24 hours before the event, it will be rescheduled.
- Tickets can be purchased online by card, with TWINT or by bank transfer.
- Ticket sales close 24 hours before the event.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 48 hours before the event, so your place can be released for someone else.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can assign your place to someone else – please contact me!
- Refunds are not possible for no-shows as the venue, materials, etc. have all been provided.
- If you have a group who want to take this workshop, please contact me to arrange a private event.
I’m always happy to answer questions, if you have any please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Images show a representative selection of aged sake, the tasting at the event may differ.