Cheese, chocolate… what else could go with sake?
Bartender and tea sommelier Nico Colic of Hedonisms has selected four black teas from Taiwan, China and India to pair with four very different sake – simple, complex, sweet, savoury, fruity. Join us to taste all of them and see how they can complement each other!
WHEN: Wednesday 20 April 2022, 19:00 – around 21:00
WHERE: MAME 2, Seefeldstr. 19, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland, entrance on Holbeinstr. Short walk from Stadelhofen station, or stops Opernhaus/Kreuzstrasse on tram lines 2 and 4.
PRICE: CHF 70.00
***PLEASE NOTE: You must buy a ticket in advance for this event. We will only bring enough sake and tea for tickets sold. We cannot accept anyone who turns up on the night.***
- Hear about small-scale producers of sake and tea, the challenges they face and why what they make is different from the mass market
- Have a brief introduction to the sake and teas from China, Taiwan and India
- Talk about – and taste! – flavour profiles for different teas, and different processing and brewing methods for sake
- Have fun in a small, friendly group with plenty of time to explore, discover and ask questions.
- Eat a meal before the tasting. (You’re welcome to taste and spit as well, but so far no-one has!) You will have four samples of around 50 ml sake, strength up to 21% abv.
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any using products with strong smells, such as perfume, cologne or strongly scented hair/body products as they can affect your sense of smell. (And the sense of smell of those around you.)
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee or spices just before the tasting as they can affect your ability to taste.
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about tea or sake!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2-2.5 hours
- The minimum number of participants is 5, and the maximum is 15. If less than 5 tickets are purchased 24 hours before the event, it will be rescheduled.
- Tickets can be purchased online by card, with TWINT or by bank transfer.
- Ticket sales close 24 hours before the event.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 48 hours before the event, so your place can be released for someone else.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can assign your place to someone else – please contact me!
- Refunds after 24 hours before the event as the venue, materials, etc. have all been provided.
- If you have a group who want to take this workshop, please contact me to arrange a private event.
I’m always happy to answer questions, if you have any please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org