Terms and conditions
For Discover Sake events
These Terms and Conditions apply to all ticketed events held under the name “Discover Sake” or private events organised by me, Arline Lyons. Purchasing a ticket for an event, or organising a private event, indicates agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be updated without notice and any changes are effective immediately.
Personal information collected and purposes of use
- Email address: I retain email addresses of all ticket purchasers and private event organisers in order to contact participants in case of any changes to the event, and to provide customer support.
- During the Swiss 2020 state of emergency only: I retain contact details of one member of each group, or of each individual, for 14 days in order to comply with regulations for infection tracking. This information will be deleted 14 days after the event.
Terms and conditions for ticketed events
- Full details of each event, including minimum and maximum numbers of attendees, are available on the event detail page. If less than the minimum number of people purchase tickets for an event, it will be postponed. If there are more than the maximum number of people, a waiting list will be opened and a new session held as soon as possible.
- I reserve the right to make changes to workshop or tasting formats and content at short notice to ensure the best experience for everyone.
- All participants must be at least 18 years old.
- All participants must disclose any food allergies or conditions that may be affected by alcohol before attending.
- All participants are responsible for eating before attending events.
- All participants are responsible for behaving in a responsible manner, bearing in mind that they will be drinking alcohol at the event. Any participant not behaving responsibly will be asked to leave and their ticket will not be refunded.
- Participants are responsible for any loss of or damage to their belongings or clothing during the event.
- Tickets must be paid for in advance online by bank transfer, credit card or TWINT. Reservation and/or advance payment is essential as I need to prepare enough sake and materials for everyone.
Cancellations and refunds for ticketed events
- If you cannot attend the event you have a ticket for, please let me know as soon as possible.
- If it is more than 24 hours before the event, your ticket can be transferred to a future event (on payment of any difference in ticket price).
- If there are no future events planned at the time, or none that you wish to attend, the transfer is valid for one year. You can also request a refund.
- Cancellations and transfers can only be accepted up to 24 hours before the workshop, as this allows your place to be released for someone else. Cancellations or transfers are not possible 24 hours before the event as I will not be able to fill the place.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can transfer your ticket to someone else – please contact me!
- No refunds are possible if you do not attend the event, as the venue, materials, etc. have all been provided.
Terms and conditions for private events
- Private events are priced on an individual basis to be agreed and paid in full before the event.
- Details and pricing are individual to each event, and details and pricing for a previous event are not guaranteed to be the same for a future one.
- Organisers of private events may be asked to pay a deposit when the event is agreed, followed by the balance of the event cost.
- Private events are planned on the basis of a specific number of people. It is not possible to accommodate more people at short notice, and no reduction or refund is possible if less than the full number attend.
Cancellations and refunds for private events
- If any private event is cancelled more than 14 days before the scheduled date, the deposit will be retained and any other amounts refunded.
- If any private event is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled date, the full amount of the event cost will be retained or due if not already paid.
- No liability is accepted for inability to hold an event on the advertised date and time for reasons beyond my control, including but not limited to Act of God, legislation (including anti-infection measures), fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, failure of water or power supply, strike action, or inability to procure materials.
- If it is not possible to hold an event on the advertised date and time, I will notify all ticket holders as soon as possible.
- The event will be rescheduled if possible, and ticket holders will be given the option to attend on the new date or transfer their ticket to another future event (on payment of any difference in ticket price).
- If the session is cancelled, all ticket holders will receive a full refund.
Copyright and intellectual property
All printed materials, the format and content of workshops and tastings, and all format and content on this site are copyright (c) 2020 Arline Lyons.
No audio, video or audiovisual recording of events is allowed without prior written permission.
Please respect the privacy of fellow attendees when taking photos.
No copying of any content, in any form, given to participants at events is allowed without prior written permission.
Absolutely no commercial use is allowed of any content on this site or given to participants at events.
Discover Sake and Arline Lyons must be acknowledged as authors of any site or event content at all times.
There is no delivery of physical goods associated with these events.
Questions and customer support
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 793 701 408
Legal name and address
Discover Sake is operated by Arline Lyons Translation, Max-Högger-Strasse 6, 8048 Zürich.
Updated on 11 June 2020.