Like sake? Love chocolate? Come and see how well they can go together!
Pairing chocolate and sake can be tricky, especially hard bar chocolate with complex flavours. So for this event I’ve invited chocolate specialist Andrea Thurner of the small batch project to bring her extensive knowledge to bear on the problem! After much trial and error, we’re proud to present five wonderful sake with five amazing chocolate bars to show you just how good these two great things can be together.
WHEN: Tuesday 9 February 2020, 19:00 – around 21:00/21:30
WHERE: MAME 2, Seefeldstr 19, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland. Entrance on Holbeinstr! Seefeld area, short walk from Stadelhofen station or stops Opernhaus/Kreuzstrasse on tram lines 2 and 4.
PRICE: CHF 70.00
***PLEASE NOTE: You must buy a ticket in advance for this event. We only bring enough sake and chocolate for tickets bought, and we arrange the distanced table layout for the individuals/groups with tickets. We cannot accept anyone who turns up on the night.***
TWINT: Please use the QR code below to pay, not the standard tasting event QR code (the prices are different).
- Get a brief introduction to sake and craft chocolate
- Hear about small-scale producers of sake and chocolate and the challenges they face
- Talk about – and taste! – flavour profiles from different origins for chocolate and different processing and brewing methods for sake
- Have fun in a small, friendly group with plenty of time to explore, discover and ask questions.
- Eat a meal before the tasting. (You’re welcome to taste and spit as well, but so far no-one has!) You will have five samples of around 30 ml sake, strength 14-18% abv.
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any strong smells such as perfume, cologne or strongly scented hair/body products as they may affect your sense of smell. (Or affect the sense of smell of those around you.)
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee or spices just before the tasting as they may affect your ability to taste.
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about craft chocolate or sake!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2.5 hours
- The minimum number of participants is four, and the maximum is ten. If there are less than four people, the session will be postponed. If there are more than ten people, a waiting list will be opened and a new session held as soon as possible.
- Tickets can be purchased online by card, with TWINT or by bank transfer. Please use the QR code below for TWINT.
- Ticket sales close 24 hours before the event to give us time to prepare.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 24 hours before the event, so your place can be released for someone else.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can assign your place to someone else – please contact me!
- Refunds are not possible for no-shows as the venue, materials, etc. have all been provided.
- If you have a group of six to ten people who want to take this workshop, please contact me to arrange a private event.
I’m always happy to answer questions, if you have any please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
TWINT QR code