So far, all the Discover Sake sessions have focused on sake brewed in Japan, but it’s also brewed all over the world!
There are dozens of breweries in north America, but also a few in Europe: London, Cambridge, Paris, Bourgogne, Catalonia. This session brings you a selection of brews from Kanpai in London, Wakaze in Paris and Yamasake in Switzerland. These newer breweries are not bound by Japanese regulations and brew both classic sake and experimental ones incorporating botanicals and other ingredients.
WHEN: Wednesday 14 October 2020, 19:00 – around 22:00
WHERE: MAME 2 Holbeinstrasse, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland. Seefeld area, short walk from Stadelhofen station or stops Opernhaus/Kreuzstrasse on tram lines 2 and 4.
PRICE: CHF 50.00
- Learn about the spread of sake brewing around the world
- See how non-Japanese breweries are experimenting with ingredients not allowed under Japanese regulations
- Sample sake from Wakaze in Paris, Kanpai in London and Yamasake in Switzerland
- Eat a meal before the tasting. (You’re welcome to taste and spit as well, but so far no-one has!)
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any strong smells such as perfume, cologne or strongly scented hair/body products as they may affect your sense of smell. (Or affect the sense of smell of those around you.)
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee or spices just before the tasting as they may affect your ability to taste.
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about sake!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2.5 hours
- The minimum number of participants is four, and the maximum is ten. If there are less than four people, the session will be postponed. If there are more than ten people, a waiting list will be opened and a new session held as soon as possible.
- Tickets can be purchased online by card, with TWINT or by bank transfer.
- Ticket sales close 24 hours before the event to give me time to prepare.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 24 hours before the event, so your place can be released for someone else.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can assign your place to someone else – please contact me!
- Refunds are not possible for no-shows as the venue, materials, etc. have all been provided.
- If you have a group of four to ten people who want to take this workshop, please contact me to arrange a private event.
I’m always happy to answer questions, if you have any please email me at email@example.com