Join me on a deep dive into the sake of one brewery!
This time it’s the Kosaka brewery, located in the beautiful mountains of Gifu Prefecture. The tasting will cover four sake of the same class – all junmai ginjō – brewed with different rice varieties or processed in different ways, but always delicious, slightly effervescent and just fun to drink!
WHEN: Thursday 13 August 2020, 19:00 – around 22:00
WHERE: MAME 2 Holbeinstrasse, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland. Seefeld area, short walk from Stadelhofen station or stops Opernhaus/Kreuzstrasse on tram lines 2 and 4.
PRICE: CHF 50.00
- Learn about the Kosaka Brewery in Mino, Gifu Prefecture
- Enjoy tasting and comparing four different sake from the same brewery
- Discuss different rice varieties and their impact on flavour
- Discuss sake yeast and its impact on aroma
- Discuss processing (e.g. pasteurisation and fining) and its effect on flavour
- List of the sake you tried and where to buy it in Zurich or online
- Eat something before the tasting. You’ll be served approximately 50 ml x 4 samples of sake with an average alcohol content of 15-17%. (You’re welcome to taste and spit as well, but so far no-one has!)
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any strong smells such as perfume, cologne or strongly scented hair/body products as they may affect your sense of smell. (Or affect the sense of smell of those around you.)
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee or spices just before the tasting as they may affect your ability to taste.
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about sake!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2.5 to 3 hours
- The minimum number of participants is four, and the maximum is ten. If there are less than four people, the session will be postponed. If there are more than ten people, a waiting list will be opened and a new session held as soon as possible.
- Tickets can be purchased online by card or with TWINT.
- Ticket sales will be closed 24 hours before the event to give me time to prepare.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 24 hours before the workshop so your place can be released for someone else.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can assign your place to someone else – please contact me!
- Refunds are not possible for no-shows as the venue, materials, etc. have all been provided.
- If you have a group of four to ten people who want to take this workshop, please contact me to arrange a private event.
I’m always happy to answer questions, if you have any please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org